We made a pact that there would be no Christmas presents; instead we would put the money towards a family activity. Everyone broke the rule to some degree (OK…we’re human), but we were pretty moderate in our present giving and were able to enjoy an incredible Boxing Day adventure with the left over “Christmas Budget” and thanks to Nana’s wonderful gift to the family.
We've had so many great times in the past couple weeks that it wasn’t easy to come up with the following list of our Top Ten……..
The Silvers’ Top 10 Things To Do In
a hotel room at
- with AC, TV, and 2 (yes, count them…..TWO) wonderful showers this was a real hit with both sailors and RV’ers. Even the short two-day stay rejuvenated us. Paradise Village
Old Town - the Malecon buskers were pretty incredible and taste testing in the Tequila Shops was indeed tasty. Puerto Vallarta
- Kayak through the estuary at Nuevo Vallarta - in search of the giant Green Iguanas which for some reason are actually orange, not green at all…..go figure.
- Have a mega Ping Pong tournament - won in overtime by Tanner and followed by 5 rounds of Ring-a-Ping…Anja’s crazy game that makes you laugh so hard your stomach hurts.
- Sneak You-Know-Who into the not so pet friendly hotel room – a stealth mission that Tony still hasn't quite recovered from.
- Have Huevos Rancheros for Christmas brunch - we all decided that they “smacked down” our usual Eggs Benedict…a new tradition is formed.
- Attempt to cook a traditional turkey dinner in a foreign country - grocery shopping for ingredients was a challenge and we ended up with some new tastes and discoveries. What the hell is Camote anyways? Looks like a turnip, but definitely doesn’t taste like a turnip!
- Go Extreme Zip-lining - OMG…..should we really be going this fast!!!! Our adventure also included ATV driving, a Unimog off-road trip, and a ridiculously fast waterslide down the mountain side. Thanks again, Nana!
a Panga ride to the
at Tres Marietas – although we mistook the name for meaning “secret” instead of “hidden”, we soon discovered that at least 100 other people knew about this beach! Despite the crowd it was amazing. Hidden Beach
New Year’s Eve fireworks – 20 resorts around the bay were setting off fireworks for at least 30 mins. An incredible display of pyrotechnics and we had the best seat in town while anchored in the bay off of La Cruz. Banderas Bay
A Malecon busker in Old Town PV....he was one hot Santa!
An Angel on Kathy's shoulder
Lea in search of Iguanas
Hmmmm.....anyone for a dip?
Spotted this Papa Iguana
View from our 2 bed/2 bath hotel room....pretty sweet
Don't tell anyone that there's a dog in that pack!
Tony breaks the rules and gives Kathy a spa gift certificate for Christmas....gotta love that man!
Tanner and Lea stop teasing each other long enough to make Huevos Rancheros for brunch
A couple of goofy Elves
The stuffing was superb....a little cumin and chilli adds some Mexican flavour
An angel tops our purple tree
Anja, Bram and Willy help devour the turkey
Too much turkey dinner and Tanner is out for the count
Duelling zip lines
Polaris ATVs are FUN to drive
"Big Daddy" zip line...1.2 km long, going at least 50 km/hr, head first...... adrenaline rush!
Tarpan heads out of Paradise Marina and we are going to miss them
Kathy's happy, pampered feet with a Christmas pedicure
Happy campers...no boaters
Tony, the panga driver, takes us into a pretty tight cave
Going in search of the Hidden Beach, Tres Marietas
Kathy, Lea, Bryn and Tony in the Hidden Beach with a "few" of their friends
A bowl with a hole punched in the top and a white sand beach in the bottom
Accessed by swimming thru a 50 ft tunnel with only a couple feet overhead
Banderas Bay New Year's Eve fireworks
As we look back on this Christmas we realize that we have had the very best of times. Although we missed many of our family members and friends, we were fortunate to have Bryn, Lea and Tanner join us. The only sad moment was watching our friends, Anja, Bram and Willy untie from the dock and head south without us. We won’t be catching up with them again this trip but have vowed to make our way to
in the next few years for a visit. Hasta
So Happy New Years and may this be a year of happiness and good fortune for all!